Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Monday, July 02, 2012

Ch. 5 - Fuselage sides LH - Part 4


Foam filler (1.3 hrs)
I just got back this afternoon from Germany, and I am pretty tired. I did want to take care of one small thing though, so that I could be ready for tomorrow’s big layup.
I have to fill the space between LWX, LWY, and the lower longeron/stringer combination, with foam.

Space to be filled with foam


Luckily, I saved all the small pieces that were left from cutting the fuselage sides, so I had plenty of scraps to chose from. Like a jigsaw puzzle, I found some matching pieces, then I massaged them a little with a sanding block, before glueing them in place with some micro-slurry.












I decided to tape the wood up because I will have to make a structural connection there tomorrow, between the wood and 6 plies of BID, and I did not want any glass bubbles to weaken the bond.



I used West System epoxy because it cures fast, so it’ll be ready to go by the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment