Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ch. 5 - Fuselage side RH - Part 7


Glassed the right gear hard point   (6.0 hrs)
This part always takes more time than you’d think, especially when you consider the dimension of what you end up with.
I cut a bunch of foam pieces, and like a puzzle I fitted them into the space between the wooden pieces. Then I mixed up some West System epoxy and micro-balloons, and used it to glue the pieces in place.

7 pieces of leftover foam glued together, make up the filler material.

I had to wait a few hours for everything to cure, then I sanded everything even, masked the area with tape, and slurried it.

Packing tape protects the wood pieces from the micro-slurry application

With the masking ripped, I painted pure epoxy onto the wood pieces.

Epoxy to go on wood pieces

Then I laid 6 plies of BID at 45˚ over the entire area.

6 plies of BID

Finally, I added the two local 15 BID plies buildups, and peel-plied everything.

I hope it still looks this good in the morning


No comments:

Post a Comment