Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Monday, October 01, 2012

Rough River 2012

Canard Fly-in


For the third time in a row Gina and I made our yearly pilgrimage to Rough River, Kentucky, for the Central States Association fly-in.

Attendance was down a bit due to the weather, still a couple of dozen airplanes made it, and the fly-in was as good as always.

Sadly, for the third year in a row, neither myself nor any of my builder friends got to ride a Long EZ.

An outsider might think flyers enjoyed taking builders up for short rides around the airport. That alone would really go a long way toward keeping them motivated to continue building, especially since only 1 in 10 ever finishes a plans built aircraft. 

As far as I could tell, that didn't happen, and it left me wondering about it during my 15 hours drive back home :-( 

I suppose I can resolve to make a difference once my airplane flies, and offer rides myself.

Regardless, it was fun to see how people built and modified their creations, and a number of fly-bys livened up the get-together a bit.



Eyes on the prize!



The view driving up to the flight line









New and old friends

















UPDATE:

One week after Rough River was over, I found out that one Long EZ did give a few rides. I suppose timing and knowledge were of the essence.



Next year we'll have to come up with a better plan for connecting supply with demand, and you all really need to consider coming, or "yours truly" might just have to get back in line over and over again, just to make sure that the increased supply does not go to waste, you know! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment