Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Friday, March 09, 2012

Ch. 4 - F28 - Part 2

F28 glassing - back side (0.9 hrs)
Because my F28 is 2” wider than plans, I decided to stiffen it slightly, by adding one ply of Kevlar embedded within the fiberglass. 



Cutting Kevlar with scissors takes a long time, and sanding it leaves long ragged edges. 


I used a piece small enough that it did not reach the perimeter of F28, so that I would not be sanding through it later.



I finished the bulkhead up by peel-plying the back, just as I did the front.



The next morning I just ripped the peel-ply off, and trimmed it.


Completed F28



No comments:

Post a Comment