Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ch. 6 - Fuselage assembly - Part 6


Taping the front side of the rear seat (3.0 hrs)  

I finally finished taping the rear seat today, even though one issue that I thought I had behind me, the squaring of the fuselage, reappeared to torment me again. 

It turns out that two bulkheads are not enough to keep “the box” from shifting shape slightly. So, I had to spend a bunch more time measuring, shimming, and so on, before finally getting down to business.


Pure epoxy brushed to area where BID tape will go


Flox fillet applied to the corner


BID tape ready to go

BID tape being added


BID tape with peel-plied edges

Wetting the other side with pure epoxy

Flox fillet in place

BID tape in place with peel-ply

Tomorrow Gina and I will be leaving for Rough River, Kentucky, for the annual CSA Canard get together, held Friday to Sunday. Rough River is such an excellent opportunity to see and talk to other Canard people, I have been waiting all year for it.

I’ll try to take lots of pictures with my iPhone, and maybe post a few of them here when we get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment