Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ch. 4 - F22 - Part 3

F22’s doubler (0.2 hrs)
Ok, I admit it! This was totally lazy and unnecessary, but I had the time and the tools, and I like to avoid sanding wherever I can.
The problem is that the doubler that goes on the aft face of F22, needs to be cut (or sanded) at an undetermined shallow angle.
Using a caliper, I measured the thickness of the foam (6.87mm), and the length of the base of the ramp (26.39mm). With that, all I had to do is the inverse tangent of 6.87/26.39, and got the angle 14.6˚.

Section C-C is what we are interested in. 


Then I set the angle on my table saw...



... and committed to the cut.



The result turned out very well, and required no sanding at all.



You’ve got to love math!



No comments:

Post a Comment