Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Ch. 4 - Rear seat - Part 3


Rear seat through holes  (1.5 hrs)

Now that I’m getting close to putting the fuselage together, I have to take care of a few items that I had set aside for later.

One of them is cutting holes in the rear seat for wires, cables, and control tubes.

One thing to keep in mind about these holes is that they need to be cut at an angle, though precision is not critical.

To find a good approximation for it, I stood up the right sidewall, and measured the angle of the rear seat support.


I knew there was a reason for buying this angle-finder! 


Since this angle turned out to be just about 45˚, I started using a regular rafter square to eyeball the correct direction to aim the various cutting implements.


Drilling at 45˚


Sawing at 45˚


Cutting at 45˚


Before you know it I had all the needed holes cut.


Connecting the dots

Top hole (left) for aileron control tube, bottom for wiring.

This seat is done

Note the rudder cable holes between the larger rectangular cuts


While I was at it, I also drilled the holes for the rudder cable into the front seat.


The front seat sits up a little more than the rear...
... as a result the rudder holes should be cut at 49˚



No comments:

Post a Comment