Disclaimer

This blog is for entertainment purposes only, and is not meant to teach you how to build anything. The author is not responsible for any accident, injury, or loss that occurs as a result of reading this blog. Read this blog at your own risk.

Friday, December 13, 2013

CNC for dummies

Video series 
  
Against my better judgement, I decided to videotape a small series on what it took to get the CNC mill cutting correctly in the XY plane. 

I have to admit that I suck at making videos, so "you get what you paid for". Still, I hope you might find something interesting, or even useful contained herein.

This series is not meant to be a tutorial on how to build and troubleshoot a CNC machine, rather it is an account of the challenging, and rewarding journey I embarked on, when I decided to bring this complicated piece of equipment to life.

A few end-mills have been harmed in the making of these videos, parental discretion is advised.



WARNING

Do not view these videos while driving or operating heavy equipment as they might induce mental confusion and/or sleep. A few instances of sudden boredom have been reported.




The endless rant




The software




One last test before cutting





An unexpected issue derails my plan




A big problem threatens the viability of the CNC concept





Recovering from disaster




The elusive taste of success, at last!



So, here's the finished bracket...







No comments:

Post a Comment